Monday, March 29, 2010

Funny experience

ok so this was an experience of two local sisters that were out in service from our congregation. They were in a territory that we work like every couple of months or so and they go up to a house of a family that is known to be rude to the witnesses...the same old man is there and invites them in the house to sit down out of the heat and all...and he starts in on them..saying "you guys dont even believe in Jesus and how is it that they can be witnesses of Jehovah if you havn´t even seen him?"...meanwhile the wife chimes in with her husband...so the sisters show him in Isaiah that Jehovah would have witnesses for his name...then the man asked another question...(by the way he´s Born Again) to him Jesus is God...."so why are you witnesses, how did you become JWs?"  They respond..."well...some Jehovah´s witnesses came to our door and preached to us."  He responds..."well we preach too."  Then one of the sisters says: "Well I have never had a Born Again come preach to me".. then the man asks (trying to take control of the conversation).."so what are you going to tell Jesus when he comes back to judge?"......The sister says: "I guess I´ll tell him, I´m sorry Lord, but the Born Agains never preached to me.¨ And there was no response...he remained quiet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI SWEET SARAH,
SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE BACK TO NORMAL. WE ARE ALL FINE, CORY IS WORKING ON A K.H. RE-MODEL ACROSS TOWN. TOM IS WORKING ON HIS TALK FOR SUNDAY. CHRIS IS AT WORK AND AM THINKING ABOUT YOU AND WANTED YOU TO KNOW IT. I LOVE THE EXPERIENCES THAT YOU POST. WISH WE WERE IN THE POSITION TO TAKE YOU UP ON THE INVITE TO VISIT. GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR SEEING YOU SOMETIME THIS SUMMER.
HUGS & KISSES, THE VAN NOORT'S

TTramel said...

Hi Sarah, how have you been? Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well.I was talking to your dad yesterday and he said you were doing alot better so Im so happy to hear that! We were all very worried about you. This blog thingy is new to me,and this is my first blog ever! I wanted to tell you that Spencer is getting baptised this month on the 17th. I am so happy and proud of him. Im so happy that both of my kids are doing well. I know that Im going to cry like a baby when Spence gets dunked. Im also very proud of you Sarah. Its great to see you serving Jehovah and helping where the need is greater. Keep sending the blogs, we love hearing from you. We love you, Tom & Rene' Tramel

Anonymous said...

Haha nice experience, I love those one liners that makes the householder think, even if they don't admit it they know what we say is way more logical then the lies of their church. Yay July 1st will be here before you know it, can't wait to see seniorita sarita LIVE:D ooo la la.
Love, Bobbi